SoCal EMT jobs (AMR) Covid-19

Mitchellmvhs

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone, just had a question if anyone knows how hiring is going for SoCal AMR. I finished my EMT-B in December and I’ve been struggling to find a job. I got offered a position at Symons Ambulance, but the orientation is postposted due to virus and I’m REALLY eager to learn and start working.

I’m currently applied to SD, Redlands, Hemit, Riverside and I live in Murrieta, but willing to commute. I actually had an interview with SD AMR for IFT and made it passed the skills test,but not the oral test and I never called back to reschedule since I got offered the spot at symons. AMR has pretty much been my dream since I’ve been in EMT school, if anyone has any recommendations or tips for me please let me know.

I also have my certs for literally everything, I just am having trouble getting work.
I have both SD/Riv licenses, and I also have the IS-100/200/700/800 courses for riverside

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey everyone, just had a question if anyone knows how hiring is going for SoCal AMR. I finished my EMT-B in December and I’ve been struggling to find a job. I got offered a position at Symons Ambulance, but the orientation is postposted due to virus and I’m REALLY eager to learn and start working.

I’m currently applied to SD, Redlands, Hemit, Riverside and I live in Murrieta, but willing to commute. I actually had an interview with SD AMR for IFT and made it passed the skills test,but not the oral test and I never called back to reschedule since I got offered the spot at symons. AMR has pretty much been my dream since I’ve been in EMT school, if anyone has any recommendations or tips for me please let me know.
My opinion, wait for Symon's. They're going to treat you better than any AMR operation in SoCal.

Don't be willing to travel too far. Trust me, it's not worth it. Not for AMR and not for $10/hr.

I know youre eager and I know you want to work. Wait for a good job.

(Especially don't settle for IFT only, if you've already got another offer...)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My opinion, wait for Symon's. They're going to treat you better than any AMR operation in SoCal.

Don't be willing to travel too far. Trust me, it's not worth it. Not for AMR and not for $10/hr.

I know youre eager and I know you want to work. Wait for a good job.

(Especially don't settle for IFT only, if you've already got another offer...)
Having known several people who work for Symons, they will likely treat you the same as some of the worse AMR divisions.

There are some good/decent AMR divisions in SoCal (Hemet and Palm Springs being the two that I am very familiar with). With Symons you will be stuck doing dialysis calls, hospital discharges, doctor appointments, and SNF runs with absolutely no 911 calls. With AMR you will get 911 calls, psych transfers, and hospital transfers.

Billyd

Forum Ride Along
I know this is slightly off-topic, but is AMR Santa Clarita or McCormick hiring at the moment?
Not sure about AMR SC. McCormick just announced to employees they won't get extra shifts if it results in overtime, so I assume no new hires. You can try PRN Ambulance.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Dont wait on Symons. We had tons of EMT's come over from there when I was at AMR. Not a one had anything good to say,