So I got a job

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all! Well, I finally got hired. I have applied at various hospitals and clinics here in my area to no avail. I applied at a senior community as a Medtech and Caregiver, and was hired. I figure its a start, being that I have never had a job before, it will get me some experience and perhaps move into EMS work in time.

ardsranger

Forum Probie
Hey all! Well, I finally got hired. I have applied at various hospitals and clinics here in my area to no avail. I applied at a senior community as a Medtech and Caregiver, and was hired. I figure its a start, being that I have never had a job before, it will get me some experience and perhaps move into EMS work in time.

I think that would be a very rewarding job. The one down side is you will fall in love with all you patients and see them go. Who will be your medical control?

I'm working on my emt // EMT want a be (hope to have it end of January).. but I would love to work with older and disabled. I volunteer now some at a retirement village/ assisted/ and hospice care site. Thats my cup of tea.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I think that would be a very rewarding job. The one down side is you will fall in love with all you patients and see them go. Who will be your medical control?

I'm working on my emt // EMT want a be (hope to have it end of January).. but I would love to work with older and disabled. I volunteer now some at a retirement village/ assisted/ and hospice care site. Thats my cup of tea.

I do not believe he is working under the pretenses of being an EMT. Therefore he does not require medical control.

My assumption based on his post is he is assisting to administer pre-prescribed meds to patients in a senior home. Probably more like LPN work.

Congrats on the new job best of luck.