So confused...

KobeT

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

Getting a little desperate here. Did some searching and found this site and thought hopefully this will help me.

Here's my story,

Graduated my EMT-B course December 10, 2016. Throughout 2017, I took my time and slowly studied for the NREMT (huge mistake) and now I've failed 3 times. I do not want to give up, but I'm so confused as to how I can re-certify and get 3 more attempts at the NREMT. I've done some researching myself, but I keep going around in circles and cannot find the information I need.

Basically my question is, what do I need to do in order to get re-certified and get my last 3 attempts at the NREMT?

TIA

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
So it' not technically getting "re-certified". You used your first three attempts, and now you have to take a remedial training class of 24 hours of basically CME. First thing I would do is contact the company that you went through class with, and ask if they offer the remedial training. If not there are options online that will do the refresher course that the NREMT will accept. Once you get the refresher completed apply again and then schedule your test.

Don' rely completely on this refresher. Do some self studying beforehand. Pay for something like JBL or medictests.com. Practice these questions. They won't be the exact same but are structured the same way as the NREMT. Actually put in a good 3 weeks to a month of study on top of the refresher before taking the 4th attempt. Obviously there are concepts you aren't grasping. Use the paper they sent to you with your results to figure out what you need to study.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Basically my question is, what do I need to do in order to get re-certified and get my last 3 attempts at the NREMT?
Or, go to this website... once it loads, a phone number appear. Once you call that number, the person who answers will gladly answer any question you have about how to qualify for the exam. I've call this number myself when I had a question. And the best part is, whatever they say, NREMT will guarantee that it's accurate information.

Best of luck