Should I follow up or wait?

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Its been 10 days since I applied for the job- should I call or email for a follow up lte this week or early next week or just continue to wait? My dashboard says "HR Stage" but that could mean anything. What do I do, dear friends!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
As a general rule that is courteous and fair to both parties...allow 5-7 business days to pass and then conduct a follow up.

If you have an email address, send a very BRIEF yet upbeat email thanking them for the interview, excited to join the team and looking forward to hear from you soon email within 24 hours of the interview.

Read it OUT LOUD several times before hitting send and I would even suggest having a friend not only read it but read it out loud to you.

The above is great advice...one day I shall publish all the emails, letters and replies I have collected over the years. I am often embarrassed for our profession and humanity in general!

BOS 101

Forum Crew Member
Its been 10 days since I applied for the job- should I call or email for a follow up lte this week or early next week or just continue to wait? My dashboard says "HR Stage" but that could mean anything. What do I do, dear friends!
Actually some places don't follow up or anything that quick. Places that do group hirings (most amb companies I've seen) won't say anything for a while until they are ready to start going through everything so don't get ancy, that's just how some places do it
That being said leaving one little phone message or whatever is never bad, why not

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Actually some places don't follow up or anything that quick. Places that do group hirings (most amb companies I've seen) won't say anything for a while until they are ready to start going through everything so don't get ancy, that's just how some places do it
That being said leaving one little phone message or whatever is never bad, why not

Thats what Im thinking. Here is bo position closing date (specified). Then maybe they will know that I really want this job. Fingers crossed. Ill call today since its a holiday weekend.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
As a general rule that is courteous and fair to both parties...allow 5-7 business days to pass and then conduct a follow up.

If you have an email address, send a very BRIEF yet upbeat email thanking them for the interview, excited to join the team and looking forward to hear from you soon email within 24 hours of the interview.

Read it OUT LOUD several times before hitting send and I would even suggest having a friend not only read it but read it out loud to you.

The above is great advice...one day I shall publish all the emails, letters and replies I have collected over the years. I am often embarrassed for our profession and humanity in general!
I would read that book!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It certainly is not a bad idea to make a follow up call to your HR contact.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

I sent an email to the only contact person listed. Hopefully it gets forwarded. There was no phone number and I dont know where in the country the HR Dept is.

DogzRule

Forum Ride Along
For what it's worth Amelia, I applied to this company in the Midwest in Feb this year and they didn't contact me for an interview until the end of May. I had already started working for my first choice service by that time so I politely declined. Bottom line I think it takes Paramedics Plus a LONG time to get to the point of contacting applicants for interviews so you may just have to wait it out. And wait and wait and wait........