Scenario

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
26 y/o female. C/O chest pain, begins in back and radiates to ribs. Pain upon swallowing. Excrutiating when lying down, tolerable sitting and better when standing. Neg trauma,Neg Hx, other than 2 episodes of this pain in milder forms in the past 2 months.

Pt took aleve to relieve pain and hot shower, was covered in welts and hives after shower.

Summit

Critical Crazy
If she were mid cycle and the pain were lower I'd vote Mittelschmerz. ;)

May I vote a very unsure heartburn/reflux again with this limited info.

No more naproxen for her.

Vitals? Breath sounds? SOB? Pain on inspiration expiration? Last intake? Swelling up? Itching? Known Allergies?

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Vitals all normal, Wheezing on expiration (just getting over bronchitis), no SOB, pain doesn't change on expiration or inhalation, last intake pistachios a few hours prior, no known allergies, took a benadryl and relieved the itching & swelling.

Lol, this was me, I had a bad night last night :( I'm going to try to get to a dr today. Thought it might just be from coughing, but it got really bad and there's still burning in my esophagus this morning, I'm thinking acid reflux too.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
This great ( <_< ) doc in the ER taught me that things that sound like this with a normal ECG are all "pleuritic chest pain & irritation". Gotta love it.

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
A little general there huh? lmao

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by cbdemt@Mar 15 2005, 01:41 PM
Developing an allergy to nuts???
I guess that woulkd mean she can't hang around here anymore :eek:

Jon

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 18 2005, 07:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 18 2005, 07:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cbdemt@Mar 15 2005, 01:41 PM
Developing an allergy to nuts???
I guess that woulkd mean she can't hang around here anymore :eek:

Jon [/b][/quote]
Well according to my family & friends, it would mean I'm allergic to myself. That might be a bigger problem lol ;)