San Mateo County -- Acid Bomb Attacks

OP
OP
Maya

Maya

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I'm sure it's just some stupid kids and, hopefully, they'll get caught soon. But it's the kind of thing that I'm not sure I would figure out exactly what happened immediately when I got on scene. I mean, probably from the burns and an explosion.

Anyway, got me thinking. When a problem starts to become prevalent in a community, do the police try to make an attempt to inform EMS agencies?

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
When a problem starts to become prevalent in a community, do the police try to make an attempt to inform EMS agencies?

And spoil the surprise??

(OK, lest anyone think I'm bashing the cops, I'm not. With my tongue removed from my cheek, I would say that (officially), no they do not tell us stuff like this. Unofficially, the individual cops do a pretty good job of keeping us informed as to what's going on in the town and the county. For the most part, we love our cops)

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Last edited by a moderator:

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
The city sends out bulletins, but often its a day late and a dollar short. That being said OUR OWN PD does a good job in the small village we serve since we share a building (our firehouse is on one end, their offices on the other) and we are around each other a lot.

djmedic913

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I'm sure it's just some stupid kids and, hopefully, they'll get caught soon. But it's the kind of thing that I'm not sure I would figure out exactly what happened immediately when I got on scene. I mean, probably from the burns and an explosion.

Anyway, got me thinking. When a problem starts to become prevalent in a community, do the police try to make an attempt to inform EMS agencies?

When I was working in Buffalo, NY, PD informed us that someone or somebodies were leaving pipe bombs around the city. especially in garbage cans and to be on the look out. They actually informed us for 2 reasons. 1st to help us be safe and the 2nd was to inform them if we see anything suspicious.