San Francisco / San Diego Folks: Medical Examiner Report help

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,

I'm about to submit my Medical Examiner Report (CA DL-51), but my primary healthcare hospital wants $70 for it to be completed unless my employer pays for it. I'm not employed yet so it has to come out of my own pocket. Can anyone share where they got theirs done and perhaps at a cheaper rate? I'm open to locations in the Bay Area (specifically San Francisco), and San Diego (I return to college in SD in about a month).

Thanks!
dC0m

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Call local urgent cares. Some urgent cares will do them (cost I'm not sure)

brian328

Forum Crew Member
i dont know but i had to pay $150 for a physical from my doctor to have the thing filled out and i had really good insurance..

Hey guys,

I'm about to submit my Medical Examiner Report (CA DL-51), but my primary healthcare hospital wants $70 for it to be completed unless my employer pays for it. I'm not employed yet so it has to come out of my own pocket. Can anyone share where they got theirs done and perhaps at a cheaper rate? I'm open to locations in the Bay Area (specifically San Francisco), and San Diego (I return to college in SD in about a month).

Thanks!
dC0m

Your doctor (if you have one) should be able to preform it for you. Mine did... but then again I had to have it redone once I got hired.

OP
OP
dC0m

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
My primary doctor is an Internal Medicine doc who claims is not certified to do a DL-51. He referred me to the Occupational Medicine dept, which is asking $70 unless an employer pays for it.

Bruce, why did you have to redo it when you got hired? Was it mandated by R/M? Did they cover the expenses the second time?

Bruce, why did you have to redo it when you got hired? Was it mandated by R/M? Did they cover the expenses the second time?

It was mandated by R/M. I had to have it done prior to completing the lift test. Yes, R/M covered the expense of both the physical and lift test. Being I had my ADL already, I just had to submit the updated physical examination form and DL-5I (green card) to the DMV so that they could update their records.

Last edited by a moderator: