Rural/Metro California

How long did it take for those who applied for Rural/Metro openings in California to hear back? I've put my application in and am just curious as to the timetable.

-Bruce

OP
OP
C
I just applied to two so cal postitions too...anyone know the process they go through? THANKS!

I actually got called today by the Milpitas HR manager. Due to me not being available full time at the moment, she told me to reapply in May.

AlphaTech

Forum Ride Along
I just had an interview with Milpitas Rural and it took the about 1-2 weeks to call back.

They said the only way you will get a call back if you have these key things:

-Available 24/7
-ambulance license
-state certified
-CPR card
-medical examiner

OP
OP
C
I just had an interview with Milpitas Rural and it took the about 1-2 weeks to call back.

They said the only way you will get a call back if you have these key things:

-Available 24/7
-ambulance license
-state certified
-CPR card
-medical examiner

I have that and then some and I was contacted for an interview that I had to turn down at the moment.

MarkusEMS

Forum Crew Member
Agree on the pre-req part / my experience

I filled out their online application form and didn't hear from them until about 2 weeks later.

Was amazed how urgently they wanted to do an interview when they called me out of the blue on a late Saturday morning. Since I was involved in a volunteer activity I needed to call the HR person back to see if I can leave the event I was helping out. In the initial conversation she was offering me to come in Tuesday but she rather would want to do it today, about 3 hours later but only if I had the mentioned pre-reqs fulfilled aka ambulance driver license and DL-51 clearance, current CPR and EMT California and preferably someone available anytime for any shift aka full time.

The interview was good, my very first one in the EMS field and at the end she told me that I would hear from her by the following week Friday at the latest.

She called me back earlier, 3 days aka Tuesday after the Saturday afternoon interview. With the standard phrases of "most certainly qualified etc." yet " we decided to extend to offer this position to a different candidate"

Oh well..wasn't ment to be to work for them at this point....one down, indefinite applications to go.....

AlphaTech

Forum Ride Along
She called me back earlier, 3 days aka Tuesday after the Saturday afternoon interview. With the standard phrases of "most certainly qualified etc." yet " we decided to extend to offer this position to a different candidate"

Oh well..wasn't ment to be to work for them at this point....one down, indefinite applications to go.....

I was given the same "cookie cutter response" :rolleyes: