Rural EMS looking for stories and information

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Am I correct when I saying that the stories will be published into a book which you then sell?

OP
OP
M

medic5740

Forum Crew Member
Stories

The purpose of the entire project is to get the story of rural EMS out in the public eye. If I were to be in a position to publish stories that I did not write, the author would certainly get his/her fair share. That is not the main purpose. Perhaps some CEUs could be received from reading the stories and answering questions. I don't know what direction this will take, but I promise not to cheat anyone.

Joe Moore

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
perhaps the greatest difference in rural ems is we are seen as a community service Joe

no different from the coaches for little leauge, or the many other factions that make small towns tick

we also know many of our frequent flyers, as well as whomever we may serve in our areas

in fact, the public knows who we are as well, and becomes better oriented by knowing us first hand in day to day contact

~S~

OP
OP
M

medic5740

Forum Crew Member
You are right

The best way for our communities to know is, of course, by the services we provide. The trouble is that, even though we provide these services, there are more and more people who truly don't know what we do, why we do it, and how we do it. There are even more that don't care about what we do. Those are the ones that usually control the purse strings that prevent some of us from keeping our equipment in good repair and keeping our ambulances stocked properly. Even with these challenges, we do an excellent job at providing the caring patient care that seems to be missing from some of the city services. This is the story that I would like to see told, even if we are only recognizing ourselves in the rural areas. Perhaps patting ourselves on the back once in a while is not such a bad idea, but, then, it might feel better if some one else would thank us and tell us what a good job we do.

The whole concept of rural EMS helping other rural EMS agencies is what I would like to see happen with this website. I'm looking for other ideas on what we can do to help each other. Any input is welcomed.

Joe