Rule modification regarding test questions/answers

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
This afternoon I made a slight rule modification. I would have thought common sense would prevail in this situation, but since it hasn't here's the old rule and the new one.

Participants are not to post any testing questions from the NREMT or any other licensing agency.

The bolded parts were added to the above.

Participants are not to post any testing questions or answers from the NREMT or any other licensing or testing agency.

If you have any questions please post them below.

Anjel

Forum Angel
So ooo... If someone says...

"hey guys I was asked this question on a test. And I'm not sure what the answer is...."

Are we not allowed to answer them?

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So ooo... If someone says...

"hey guys I was asked this question on a test. And I'm not sure what the answer is...."

Are we not allowed to answer them?

Great question. Yes, in this circumstance you're allowed to answer the question.

The rule is to deter people from just posting the answers to tests they recently took. It has been a trend lately.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What about people who post questions from a test prep service like JB learning? There have been some of those threads lately, and I noticed one was closed. Since those are not "real test questions" they seem like they would be fair game for the forum. Am I wrong?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The problem with that is that how are we to know if they are from JBLearning or the NREMT?

Like Chimpie said, we will still allow the questions like Anjel1030 paraphrased. Our big issue with those types of questions is when they post the 4 answers from the test. If they just asked the question and let our members answer it without having to choose from a list of possible answers, we have a lot more leeway in dealing with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Understood.

I'm just too nice. If someone tells me it's a prep question, I take em at their word. :)

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Understood.

I'm just too nice. If someone tells me it's a prep question, I take em at their word. :)

We try (and want} to do that as well.

But when someone posts all the answers to a test that they "just recently took", we have to make an adjustment. ^_^

Joe

Forum Captain
Hopefully this goes for the Ca dmv ambulance drivers test...

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hopefully this goes for the Ca dmv ambulance drivers test...

We look at each post individually and make the judgement call from there.