Risk taking

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
So, as some of you know, i recently got off active duty with the army. One of the Female medics in my unit is now off of active duty and back home. I am planning a trip to go and see her in Iowa. Here is the crazy part she wants to do a long distance relationship and have me move there when I find a Position to continue working. For some reason I agreed.. I think my patients are rubbing off on me, cause this sounds completely crazy when I read or hear it!

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Let me start off with saying that I agree with you. the idea sounds crazy
and second , I live in Iowa. what do you want to know? where about does she want you to move to?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There's a lot of corn. It's very flat. That's all I know.

Have a great time. Post pictures of the wedding.

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
cedar rapids area, so tell me what i shoudl know

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, I need you to narrow down the list. because, I don't know what you want too know about Iowa
I would suggest that you search the economy for that area. I on the Nebraska Iowa borer . Cedar rapids is more central.
yes there is alot of corn and soy.
oh and Iowa gun laws stink!

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
crap i have to have guns!!! i hunt and i carry

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Why is it that you're the one that has to move?

Edit:during this interim period of doing the long distance thing, is it going to be you travelling all the time, or is it truly going to go both ways? If this is a one sided thing, then you're getting played.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
crap i have to have guns!!! i hunt and i carry

Not saying it is impossible. just that they are super tight on handgun laws. i know alt of hunters and such. its the handguns that are a nightmare.
oh, and Iowa is not all flat. they have rolling hills.
anything else you want to know about IA? if you have any more questions shoot me a pm. I Have to go inspect the underside ofy eyelids, so I don't take peeks at them while driving tomorow.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Cedar Rapids...I got a speeding ticket there once.

Better than Pocahontas or Burr Oak.

Make sure she knows you're still her "bud" even if the job and romance thing doesn't work out.

Yarbo

Forum Crew Member
Mediate a place inbetween both of you. :rofl:

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
That's my area!

I live like 45 minutes.from cedar rapids. Ask me anything you want. Area ambulance service isnt horrible, and is 911 provider for the area. if you don't have a felony conviction you can have a gun don't worry about it, linn county is pretty lax. With new laws that went into the books last year it is hard to refuse someone. There are also several good medic programs within a reasonable distance.

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
she has a child... so she has to stay there until he is 18..

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
Not saying it is impossible. just that they are super tight on handgun laws. i know alt of hunters and such. its the handguns that are a nightmare.
oh, and Iowa is not all flat. they have rolling hills.
anything else you want to know about IA? if you have any more questions shoot me a pm. I Have to go inspect the underside ofy eyelids, so I don't take peeks at them while driving tomorow.

Handguns are easy since last year. Take a ccw course and apply for a license. It is very difficult to be refused nowadays.

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I live like 45 minutes.from cedar rapids. Ask me anything you want. Area ambulance service isnt horrible, and is 911 provider for the area. if you don't have a felony conviction you can have a gun don't worry about it, linn county is pretty lax. With new laws that went into the books last year it is hard to refuse someone. There are also several good medic programs within a reasonable distance.

Hey, any dept hiring???

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
Area is I believe. Also some IFT services in dubuque and iowa city. Dubuque is about an hour north, iowa city about 30 minutes south. I will pm you some contacts tomorrow after I get some sleep.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Handguns are easy since last year. Take a ccw course and apply for a license. It is very difficult to be refused nowadays.

Nice! i had applied a few years back and was given a huge run around. Even though my records are squeaky clean. cool thanks.
best of luck to ya emt11kdl .