Retaking the NREMT

Cadein

Forum Ride Along
While the result is not out yet, I am a bit sure that I failed the test. The test shut down on me on question 120, and I feel like I didn't sufficiently answer the questions -- even though I thought I was on the right track until q75... The test gave me consecutive 30~40 Airway/Breathing questions after that, and I was puzzled.

So I might have to review again and take the test again in 15 days. I don't really have much time to go through the textbook. I found out that many people have suggested JB Learning practice tests and Crash Course EMT prep book. Should I be sufficiently ready just by using these + my notes from my EMT school?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Don't panic yet. Wait til you get the results.

If you did fail, get JB Learning Navigate, start taking practice tests and schedule your retest for 2 or 3 weeks.

OP
OP
C

Cadein

Forum Ride Along
Thank you DEmedic.

I actually did get them anyways as I would need to be tested to get a job as an EMT. Either way, they should be great to check my knowledge.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Hey DEmedic
I caved and bought JB for my Aemt. Im wondering if you used it for Medic because I feel slightly ripped off. There are only 397 questions in their test bank, and although they are pretty hard questions I am feeling like 50 bucks was kind of rediculous for the amount of questions they have. Ive already taken them all closed book and am sitting at like 78 percent on my first run through of the questions. Did Medic have more questions than that?

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Medic has close to 600...
The money is not spent on the number of questions but rather the explanations for why the right answer is the best option and the other (right) answers were not the best. The concepts are important, not the number of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, that makes sense. I just have used other cheaper test preps with more question and close to the same difficulty level for cheaper is all I am saying. Jb is the most difficult in my opinion though.