Doomedtheory

Forum Probie
hello,
I have been looking for good books about wilderness EMS, but cannot find too many textbooks. Auerbach has way too much information that isn't directly relevant.
amazon/ Nols Wilderness medicine Is the only one I've found that seems to more directly show in practice i.e. When normal tools aren't available.

Are there any other good textbooks (preferably Kindle/ available on Amazon) for wilderness EMS textbooks without so much useless* information

*useless as in not directly relatable to EMS practice In The field i.e. There is not proof one this one way or other. This study said this and these other studies said these things etc

Summit

Critical Crazy
Aurbachs big-ole-book is the definitive text. He has a Field Guide of his book. It is 1/10th the size of his 2 volume 7th edition so its still pretty big.
NOLS WFR/WEMT is good

Here are some other things on my shelf that worth looking at (although I don't necessarily have the edition mentioned) and most are available on Kindle:

Medicine for Mountaineering (Wilderson, 2010) Might be my personal favorite, used this as half my original wilderness WEMT didactic. It is not a how-to-picture-guide
Wilderness Medicine - Beyond First Aid (Forgey, 2017)
Wilderness and Rescue Medicine (Isaac/Johnson, 2012) WMA uses this for WFR/WEMT (no kindle)
Medicine for the Outdoors: The Essential Guide to First Aid and Medical Emergencies (2015, Aurbach) this is a more simplified version
Wilderness Emergency Care (2012) Donelan (harder to find, this is the ASHI text) WFR/WEMT for ASHI (no kindle)

There are plenty of improvised rescue books but not much EMS focus:

Mountaineering - Freedom of the Hills (2017) for general technical and improvised work, not on medicine
Self-Rescue for Climbers
Glacier and Crevasse Rescue