Reciprocity Advice

Kbandd

Forum Ride Along
As the title says, I was wondering how I would be able to send a Reciprocity to another state? I am only National Registered as of right now, July 20th, 2018, I haven't contacted my State EMS Board for the State Licenses just yet. I know I have to send an application, but on the application it asks for your State License, do I need my State Licenses to be able to send a reciprocity or am I able to just send one with a National Licenses?I took the EMT Course in Kansas, moved to Virginia and finished my Practicals and Written in Virginia Beach, moving back to Kansas in a month. This was my 3rd time taking the NREMT when I did pass.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
As I understand it, since you only have your NR, you don’t need any reciprocity. You’ll just have to go down to your local EMS agency and get their certification. Your national registry is good everywhere.

OP
OP
Kbandd

Kbandd

Forum Ride Along
As I understand it, since you only have your NR, you don’t need any reciprocity. You’ll just have to go down to your local EMS agency and get their certification. Your national registry is good everywhere.
That seems to make more sense, because I figured if you're Newly Nationally Registered and havent applied for a State Licenses, I would be able to move home and apply for my State Licenses, but I dont wanna be wrong.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Each state is different. Your best bet is to call the state office of EMS where you are applying and get a list of their requirements for initial certification.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I know I have to send an application, but on the application it asks for your State License, do I need my State Licenses to be able to send a reciprocity or am I able to just send one with a National Licenses?.
As per the BOARD OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES APPLICATION FOR RECOGNITION OF NON-KANSAS CREDENTIALS

NATIONAL REGISTRY # OR STATE #

As per the HOW TO BECOME AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PROVIDER IN VIRGINIA, under Those who hold a current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Credential.

Those who hold a current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Credential.
The Office of Emergency Medical Services recognizes all current National Registry certifications for reciprocity.

Anyone who is coming into Virginia’s EMS system with a current National Registry certification will be required to complete an Application for Reciprocity and mail copies of EMS credentials to the Division of Educational Development of the Office of EMS.

For a reciprocity application package, please click here.

For questions about reciprocity email Ms. Twyman.

OP
OP
Kbandd

Kbandd

Forum Ride Along
Each state is different. Your best bet is to call the state office of EMS where you are applying and get a list of their requirements for initial certification.

Thank you both for the answers, I have called my States EMS Office (Kansas) and talked with the Certificate Personnel and Director and was told since I still have an application from my first time when I was a student within Kansas, that all I have to do is complete the states Psychomotor Exam which was changed to a brand new system last month, its now only a single scenario exam, so I dont have any fees or paperwork to do which makes it easier on me. But because of that, I will have to possibly wait until December when the end of the semester comes to take it. During that time I applied for a Missouri State EMT License which is going through the process right now since I am so close to the Border (KCK/KCMO).