Recert by exam

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I did recert by exam for my NREMT- B and it was easy. Take the test and have your training officer sign you off on skills. Mail it in and get your new card. I have a feeling it is the same for the NRP.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I did it again this cycle. I'm 3/3 for recert by exam. Given that my employer doesn't pay for my refreshers, its WAYYY cheaper than taking time off from work and paying for a refresher.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've been messing with the Navigate test prep and it seems like I've forgotten more than I thought.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I actually was. But, I used the search feature for "test prep app" and there it was.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Do you guys like that app? Are the questions really similar to the NR exam? Does the app give explanations and rationale for the questions you miss?

I haven't taken an EMS related exam in years, and I'm thinking about buying this one just to see how I do and bone up a little.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
The money is well spent because it gives you the rationale for the right answer as well as why each other answer wasn't the best. Frankly, it is the only resource I used when studying for the P exam initially; passed after 70-80 questions.

Also, for those who are on their phones all day, the app platform is the best. Able to knock out 20-50 questions on the ambo, on break or in the can [emoji90]

Last edited:

Kevinf

Forum Captain
You can also google for JB Learning's current coupon codes. I used JBALL2 to get 25% off for the navigate 2 test prep. I'm going to give it a try since it is so highly recommended.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

70 questions and passed. Results 2 hours after the test. Pretty easy way to recert.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

Thanks. My last two recerts I was able to do with continuing education, but the test, while stressful, is quick and (relatively) easy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'll be recerting in two years by exam. And recerting my fpc the same way