Recert by Exam Trouble - New England

undertheradar

Forum Ride Along
Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice. So like an idiot, I let my NREMT expire about 6 months ago. Since then I have gone through the vast majority of the lapsed certification recert process. I took a state mandated refresher course, submitted it to the NREMT, got an ATT for the cognitive exam, and passed that test. Now all I need is to take and pass a state Psychomotor exam. Unfortunately, my state, Massachusetts, doesn't allow you to take an exam unless you just completed a course. So then I was told to try New Hampshire, which does allow open entry, but you must be a NH resident or have a job offer in NH. So I'm stuck. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on which states (preferably in the Northeast) allow open entry into a psychomotor exam? Has anyone navigated this before?

Thanks!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Is your state certification still valid, or did you let that lapse too?

I would suggest you check out this website: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/learn-how-to-reinstate-your-expired-emt-certification

I would then follow with the respective governing bodies of EMS (Mass and NH) to see what they recommend, as you can't be the first person to let their NREMT lapse, and they would likely be more knowledgeable on the rules of their particular state and be able to provide an authoritative answer than anyone here.