Re-registration

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
My NREMT was re-registered last week, really pleased about that, but it was only for two years, thought that was a little strange, expected it to be longer. Is two years the normal now?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
NREMT has been two year registration since I was first certified in 2000

JPINFV

Gadfly
NREMT is 2 years. As such, I'm contemplating either letting my cert slide next year or trying to find a refresher course for a reasonable price. Googling the places around Boston, $150 is not a reasonable price for a cert I might use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
NREMT has always been a two year certification since its conception. Your just now, noticing that it was always been two years?

R/r 911

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
It's always been two years; the only possible caveat is that if you test after July 1st it rolls another year. I tested in July of '07 for my -I and it goes through 2010, but after that I'll be right back on the 2 year rotation. Sure you're not thinking of a state-level cert?

OP
OP
T

TexasMedic

Forum Crew Member
I guess I never paid it much attention, NREMT doesn't do much here in Texas. I got certified in Septembers of 05 and it went to March 08 so it was just over the two year mark. Thanks for the foresight.

Last edited by a moderator: