Quickest way to get associates with NREMT-P?

Jimmymed3

Forum Ride Along
Hey Everyone.
I currently hold my NREMT-P and have a boatload of credits already. Any one know the quickest way to just get my associates in EMS or something similar? As in, Show them my cert and credits, pay them money, and they hand me an accredited degree. It might be a pipe dream, but thought id ask.
Thanks!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Its possible. Our local community college will do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's not how it works. A medic program will likely satisfy the major course work but you still must complete all the general education requirements (English, math, science, etc).

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
That's not how it works. A medic program will likely satisfy the major course work but you still must complete all the general education requirements (English, math, science, etc).

Which brings me to a question. Although I can just text you I figure I'll ask on here incase anyone is lurking. At CHC the medic program is like 49.5 units or something like that. With the A/P prerequisite for the medic program and the credit(s) for EMT, just how many GE classes do you need to take?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Which brings me to a question. Although I can just text you I figure I'll ask on here incase anyone is lurking. At CHC the medic program is like 49.5 units or something like that. With the A/P prerequisite for the medic program and the credit(s) for EMT, just how many GE classes do you need to take?
Webadvisor will be able to show you what classes you need to take. I'm not sure on the exact number. Should also be able to google CA associates degree requirements to get a decent answer. I still need to go talk to a counselor.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I still need to go talk to a counselor.

Monday's and Thursday's she's in the office at the EMS building. I have her card laying around somewhere if you want her contact info.

Edit: cause this is like plan numero uno to get a degree of some sort while I'm still in the "school" mindset.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The very basic gen ed requirement is usually 6 English, 6 soc, 6 science and 3 math credits. Plus all the electives.

OP
OP
Jimmymed3

Jimmymed3

Forum Ride Along
Yes, I have more than enough gen ed credits as I was in the process of getting my bachelors a few years back. I also have my EMT-P.
So schools like that do exist? GMCmedic-what college is that? I'm in!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Crafton hills college (community college) offers an Emergency Medical Services associates degree. I'm not sure on the requirements for transfers but the odds are you probably have to complete a certain amount of credits at the college before they will give you the degree

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ivy Tech community college in Indiana.

Theyll even put your name on a plaque with the next graduating class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
My local community college is in its first year of a one year paramedic degree program. Its a total of 39.5 units including internship and clinicals. After that you just need to satisfy general education requirements.

I took the class before it was accredited, but they're supposed to be working on reciprocity.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
My local community college is in its first year of a one year paramedic degree program. Its a total of 39.5 units including internship and clinicals. After that you just need to satisfy general education requirements.

I took the class before it was accredited, but they're supposed to be working on reciprocity.
Is this only for former BC students, or any NR paramedics?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We are still waiting for details. I just texted Nathan, he's the one pushing it.
Ah, well hell then I'll just ask him mañana, thanks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm from Texas, but I don't mind paying the out of state tuition if it works!
Check out UT San Antonio. You could get a bachelor's in not much more time than an associate's. And the cost isn't bad. That's where I'm going to be starting either this fall or next spring.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk