Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlukescj11

Forum Crew Member
I just want to know is it legal for a EMS company to hire a non-certified EMT and have them run on a ALS truck. I dont mean as a ride along I mean a paid person doing everything on patients. This is in PA as well. If anyone knows can you let me know. I find it upsetting that there are companies taking people who has no certifications at all over people who passed the EMT class.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sorry can't give out legal advice.

Contact a lawyer.

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
Do a search for the PA EMS regulations. They are online. I believe PA has a minimum staffing requirement of "at least one EMT" for ambulances. This is so that those rural places with a few EMTs can staff an ambulance with one EMT (or medic?) and 2-3 non-EMT volunteers. So, it could be possible for an ambulance to pay a non EMT to work with a medic as long as the non-EMT drove and only assisted with care, completely under the direction of the medic.

Other PA folks, correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not looking up the regs.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

I know in California a 911 ambulance provider can hire a First Responder into an EMT position as long as that person achieves their EMT within 1 calender year of hire

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed.
http://emtlife.com/faq.php#rules
No Legal Advice or Attorney-Client Relationship

Information contained on or made available through EMTLife forums is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, recommendations, mediation or counseling of any kind under any circumstance and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Do not act on or rely on any information from EMTLife Message Boards without consulting with a licensed attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.