question

pyoo85

Forum Ride Along
hey guys,
I just had an interview at an ambulance svc and although the interview went ok, they had me fill out this sheet that they were going to send to the insurance agency and said that its up to them whether i'm eligible to ride an ambulance.
My driving record isn't too great right now,
I haven't received many tickets and I think i am a fairly decent driver, never got into an accident or anything,
however, the only 2 tickets i ever received brought me up to 7 points, and both were within the last yr or so,
so do you guys think I'm screwed? also, if I don't get this job because of my driving record, does that mean I can't a job at any other ambulance svc either because i'm not eligible to ride an ambulance?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
It is all dependent upon the insurance agency and how they interpret the tickets. I know of some that had an old DUI and was able to and some that had a speeding violation and was not able to .

For as another EMS, again it is all dependent upon their insurance requirements. There are few insurance corporations that insure EMS, and increases the limitations, but again it is all dependent upon the insurance company.

Good luck and watch the violations...

R/r 911

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
as a lawyer friend of mine answers EVERY question you ask him, it depends. if you've never had a ticket in your life before yesterday and got popped for speeding, then interview for a job with me today, i'd probably overlook it. whereas if you had a moving violation once a year for several years running but have been "clean" for a period of time, i might be thinking more along the lines of "is this just a temporary improvement in this guys road conduct". different companies have diffent views on what constitutes rejectable history.

just for your own edification, i know of one company(they self insure btw) thats so hard up for people that all they care about is that neither of your licenses is currently suspended. they dont really do too much checking on past offenses.

OP
OP
P

pyoo85

Forum Ride Along
hey,
just to let u guys know, I got the job!
orientation starts tomorrow at 6:30am,
thanks for the replies