Question about the forms of ID needed to take the NREMT.

PanzerKitty

Forum Probie
I am confused on the second type of ID I need to bring in. It says on the NREMT website this...

"The first ID must be a non-expired government-issued ID that includes a permanently affixed photo and your signature. The second ID must be non-expired and include your name and signature."

For the second ID can I use a birth certificate or a social security card? I would prefer to use my birth certificate since that is all I have at the moment. Could someone please answer this question for me please? Thank you.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
i used my DL and my emt license

catatonic

Forum Probie
I brought in my .mil ID as well as a state drivers licence. The place I tested was only interested in my state ID however.

RESQGUY

Forum Crew Member
I used the same to forms as CATATONIC. That place is pretty secure though. I thought I was getting in to the CIA or something! :blink:

AZnewbieMedic

Forum Probie
I was wondering the same thing....was debating on if a signed credit card or debit card would suffice as the second ID

Last edited by a moderator:

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
I used DL and CPR card

OP
OP
PanzerKitty

PanzerKitty

Forum Probie
Thanks everyone. :) I just scheduled my test for tomorrow. I am gonna take a credit card and a CPR card along with my state ID. :) Wish me luck everyone. ^_^

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just used my DL and passport :p They work

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
i believe the instructions say government issued ID. I do like the library card idea...

clhampton75

Forum Probie
i believe the instructions say government issued ID. I do like the library card idea...

"When you arrive at the test center on the schedule test date, you will be required to show two forms of identification. The first ID must be a non-expired government-issued ID that includes a permanently affixed photo and your signature. The second ID must be non-expired and include your name and signature." - Pearson Vue Authorization to Test Form.

It says the first ID can be:

State Issued Driver's License
Military Identification Card
State issued Identification Card
Passport

OP
OP
PanzerKitty

PanzerKitty

Forum Probie
I tried this. They wouldn't accept my cpr card. I was not impressed at all with the Little Rock testing facility.

I used my CPR card and ID. they allowed it. o_O guess it depends on the place?