Question about EMT-B Driving record

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
Hello,
Here is my question hopefully you guys could answer it for me I have looked every where and haven't found a answer.
I am from Massachusetts I just got nationally certified and licensed as a EMT and will be applying for jobs in the field very soon.
My worry and question is about my driving record. I have never had any speeding tickets, accidents, drunk driving etc. But about 5 years ago when I failed to go to jury duty I was issued a warrant and my license was suspended, while it was suspended a old ticked for my inspection sticker popped up and that issued another warrant and suspension while my license was still suspended. I have my license but that is all on my driving record as Warrant - Suspension a couple times and looks bad.
Is this going to affect my chances of a getting a job?
Thanks in advance

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It could, yes. This is where honesty is important. If they offer you a job and tell you they're about to do a background/driving record check, be up front with them.

OP
OP
ChrisC5928

ChrisC5928

Forum Crew Member
It could, yes. This is where honesty is important. If they offer you a job and tell you they're about to do a background/driving record check, be up front with them.
Thanks that is what I would do, I would try to talk to them because driving wise my record is perfect it is just those stupid jury duty and inspection sticker