Quality BP Cuff and Sphygmomanometer???

kegs1371

Forum Ride Along
Good day,

Im looking for a quality BP cuff set infant, child, adult and large adult for my personal jump kit. I was wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations? Please get back to me with links to the products.

Thanks Josh

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Personal jump kit as in "off duty from full time employer AND not responding in any volunteer capacity"? Personal kit in the sense that you are driving down the road and happen upon an emergency?

If you are with an employer or volunteering, they should provide those items int he apparatus you respond in.

If you are volunteering and responding in your POV, how far away is a transport unit?

The reason I ask is first I simply would not own or carry BP cuffs of any type in my personal bag. Second, if I did decide to carry them, I would buy the cheapest ones available and I would probably only purchase an adult one.

Just curious as to when or how often you anticipate gathering BPs on infants, children and even adults for that matter and what you intend to do once you assess their BP?

OP
OP
K

kegs1371

Forum Ride Along
I just have one for cruising down the road and happen to see something or some one I know. I'm prior military so it's kind of instilled in me to have something on standby. Obviously I'm not going to perform any ALS care or invasive skills, but being able to see what pressures I'm working with. Thought it would be a nice tool to have.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Thought it would be a nice tool to have.

Not really going to provide much benefit, honestly...better off having extra gloves and a tourniquet than anything else.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If they are conscious, breathing and not bleeding out....just standby ready to intervene until help arrives. Knowing the value while you sit is pointless.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
but being able to see what pressures I'm working with. Thought it would be a nice tool to have.
Ehh, I have one, but I use it mostly to check my mother in law's BP when she has a headache.

I haven't used one on an emergency (from my POV) in years.

I had to get one during my initial EMT class. my advice: get the cheapest one you can.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
One other thought, if you plan on frequenting this forum, we suggest changing your user name to something more anonymous.