Psychomotor test

jfan243

Forum Ride Along
Just passed my NREMT written test, so now I gotta focus on passing my psychomotor test next weekend in Pennsylvania. Whats the best way to prepare? My instructor didn't help much with skills during class time - it was basically social hour. I'm mostly worried about the medical and trauma assessment. Also do we need to bring anything to the test other than our stethoscope and pockets mask?

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Read and memorize your NREMT Skills Sheet and make sure you are aware of the critical fails. You can also bring a pad of blank paper and a pen to the station to make notes, etc., all within your stations time limit. You have to leave behind any notes you make. Also, remember you have a LOT of time at each station for the skill. Use it all and make sure you take your time. Way back when, I went on YouTube and watched a couple of videos on Trauma and Medical Assessment and got a feel for the way to run the scenario. It took the edge off. Also, it may sound redundant, but start each skill station by looking at the evalulator and saying "BSI, Scene Safe, I see I have x number of patients and am considering additional resources". I have seen many a fail because that was not stated. Even if you are wearing gloves say BSI.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
NREMT skills sheet. You're literally given the answers word for word.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
NREMT skills sheet. You're literally given the answers word for word.
This. If you are feeling fancy you could record yourself doing assessments and then play back the recording and grade yourself by using the NREMT skills sheets.

OP
OP
J

jfan243

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for all the advice. I've been memorizing the sheets and watching the videos on EMTPrep.

OP
OP
J

jfan243

Forum Ride Along
Do we need to bring our CPR card for the test? I've heard differing information on what to bring with us to the test.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do we need to bring our CPR card for the test? I've heard differing information on what to bring with us to the test.
Check with whoever is going to be putting on your skills test. All we require is a valid drivers license.