Protocols outside CA

terrible one

Always wandering
so since ca has such limited protocols, im curious what kind of protocols are used in other states. does anyone have some interesting treament algorhythms/medications for common conditions (CP, SOB, anaphylaxis, etc...)
thanks

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I will not work in any system that does not allow field 12 leads, and I will also be hard pressed to work in a system that does not have CPAP.

It is not just the skills, but generally these systems allow more clinical judgement. If I have to move, I will.

JPINFV

Gadfly
So, umm, yea. I guess working in LA or OC is out of the question then?^_^:p

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
So, umm, yea. I guess working in LA or OC is out of the question then?^_^:p

You bet your future doctor butt they are out!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We have protocols for quite a lot. The local county protocols are a bit stricter than state (I'm under county for internship) though.

NMs scope and treatment guidelines are here:
http://nmems.org/NM treatment guidlines.htm

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
1 thing tho, they just took thiamine out...we still can't figure out why they did that

THat's kinda odd. We still have it in our scope for several indications... not that many trucks carry it in the metro areas

djmedic913

Forum Lieutenant
THat's kinda odd. We still have it in our scope for several indications... not that many trucks carry it in the metro areas

Apparently in NH no one is malnourished or gets Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome anymore here.

I can understand issues with malnourished and I have heard talks of thiamine overdosing...but Wernicke, it is quite needed for that

NHEMT

Forum Ride Along
EMT-I's in NH also have some good stuff we can do. NH seems to be very progressive with what they allow their emt's and paramedics do.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Good page that lists the protocols of several agencies, states and countries.

http://www.ems1.com/guidelines/

HPC of South Africa
Wake County, NC
Whatcom County Wash. EMS
Barrington, N.H.
Clark County, Nev.
Colleton County, S.C.
Eastern Region, Minn.
Gallatin County, Montana
Hamilton County, Tenn.
Jackson County, Ore.
Monroe and Livingston County, N.Y.
Nassau County, N.Y.
Montana
North Central, Conn.
Pediatric Protocol - Wake County EMS
Richmond Va. ODEMSA
Saskatchewan Canada EMS
St. Joseph County EMS Ind.
Spinal Assessment Protocol - Maine EMS

austinmedic77

Forum Crew Member
The COG's for my service can be viewed at the Office of the medical directors website @ ATCOMD.org. This will allow you to view all guidelines used by any provider in austin or travis county TX listed by scope. Our COG's are commonly shared or copied by many other services so you may have already seen part or most of them at someone else's website.