Propranolol and Racism

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thirty-six white people were used in the study, with half getting propranolol and the other half getting a placebo. Researchers then used a feeling thermometer to rate how “warm” they felt toward different groups.

I wouldn't consider that a valid study.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
I wouldn't consider that a valid study.
Agreed, racism flows both ways, just as an aside children are not inherently racist. Put a group of toddlers of different races together and watch them play. Racism comes from peers, environment and other outside pressure.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
The article is bunkum. Propanolol may chemically suppress the measurements observed by the researchers but it doesn't suppress social friction and competition. This belongs in the media section.

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
Agreed, racism flows both ways, just as an aside children are not inherently racist. Put a group of toddlers of different races together and watch them play. Racism comes from peers, environment and other outside pressure.

Exactly!!

The article is bunkum. Propanolol may chemically suppress the measurements observed by the researchers but it doesn't suppress social friction and competition. This belongs in the media section.

Why would you even publish a study like this? Super market tabloid garbage!! Completely subjective.

Where can one obtain a “Feeling Thermometer” anyway? I might need one for my jump bag!!