Votes: 0 0.0%
  • below average

• avoid at all costs

• Total voters

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
Anyone have details about Promedica in the Toledo Ohio area? I'm living in MI but have an Ohio medic license, and am looking for a change.

Do they run any 911, or are they just interfacility?

Does their ALS have to do a lot of BLS?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Are you sold on Toledo?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Not at all. I live in Southeast MI in Washtenaw County, so Toledo is an easy commute, but I am open to other places that are proximate. Any suggestions?

I'm in north central Ohio, midway between Columbus and Mansfield off 71 if you're familar with the area. I do a 40 minute commute from Columbus to the station.

I don't think I'd reccomend if you want something long term (I'm actually looking up your way at HVA) but if you're looking for critical care/mobile ICU to boost a resume as you go for RN or PA it may fit.

The big con, probably a non-starter and the cause of a lot of blank stares when the owners ask for suggestions on recruiting: no health insurance.

Family owned rural IFT. 4 of the 5 active family members work day to day as medics, 3 of those 4 are either RN/medic or PA/medic. The 5th does billing and drives our MICU.

We don't do many dialysis/doctors appointments. As a basic I seem to average 8-14 calls a week on a 24/48, maybe 2-3 are actual appointments. The rest are a mix of BLS discharges or transfers from/to hospital and nursing home/private residence, BLS hospital to hospital, ALS and MICU transfers.

We're one of the only MICU capable services in our little region. I usually see at least one a shift, sometimes more if flight is grounded.

Primarily 24/48 but they are very flexible on scheduling and as short as we are on medics they'd probably work to give what you want.

I don't know medic pay scale. As a new EMT they were a $1 higher than the IFTs in Columbus, plus the overtime with the 24/48. They will help with tuition and cert costs.

http://www.lifelinemedicalambulance.com