narias

Forum Ride Along
hi guys

i know but i just took it i cant find out until 2 days just a little nervous

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
i know but i just took it i cant find out until 2 days just a little nervous

No, I'm not talking about finding out whether or not you passed, but finding out why the test stopped.

OP
OP
N

narias

Forum Ride Along
hi

test center said that the computer knows when there was enough answers to know if failed or passed

Greg

Forum Probie
i just took the national and it stopped after 70 . did i fail

The National Registry test is not only on the computer, it's also computer adaptive. What this basically means is that not all questions are equal. Think of it in terms of "points". It starts you off on a medium-difficulty question and if you get that question correct, it will move you to a harder question (worth more points). If you get it wrong, the next question will be easier, but worth less points. The test will stop in three cases. 1) you have answered enough questions correctly and gotten enough points to pass, 2) you have answered too many questions incorrectly and have fallen below the minimum number of points, or 3) you've run out of time.

Basically, if you know you got the last question correct, you know you've passed. If you know that you've gotten the last qestion wrong, you know you've failed. If anybody else understands it better, please correct anything I've said that's wrong, thanks!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I've never taken the NR. When you say it stops, does the screen go blank? Does it give you any sort of message?

Greg

Forum Probie
I've never taken the NR. When you say it stops, does the screen go blank? Does it give you any sort of message?

You click to go on to the next question, but instead of a question it'll show you a message that says you're done and your results will be online in the next few days.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
And usually it's a lot less than two days, unless you test on a Friday afternoon (hint, hint). Mine were up in about 7-8 hours...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Maybe, we should make a "sticky post" about NREMT and testing information, since this is routine question, weekly.

I would had hope the states, schools, etc. informed candidates about testing procedures, the Computer Based Testing (CBT) information. As well, I believe most candidates never really read the information prior to testing or the fine print.

We can obtain most information from their website.

R/r 911

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
For a while at our station, we had a standing order, no questions, comments or complaints about the arrival of your certification, grades or certificates for at least one full month after completion of the class, test, seminar, conference.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum and pinned to the top.

emt/ff71185

Forum Probie
My class also did not inform us about how the national is setup. It is on the national website though and the testing centers should be able to inform you as well if you are concerned. If your test is short like that you either did great :) or you bombed it :sad:. Either way as was said earlier you will find out quickly. My testing site was an hour away and I checked it when i got home and it was already posted.

disassociative

Forum Captain
Don't worry about it. Most of the medics/emt's I know came out thinking they failed. Just give it the 2 days; login and look for the keywords: Congratulations on successfully passing. Just be positive.

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Don't worry about it. Most of the medics/emt's I know came out thinking they failed. Just give it the 2 days; login and look for the keywords: Congratulations on successfully passing. Just be positive.

Ditto....I was convinced that I had failed.

pass

Forum Ride Along
did I fail the NREMT test?

I just took the NREMT test today at Pearson Vue I got up to about 77 questions then the computer stopped me! did I fail?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
To quote our good friend r/r:

...there is no magic number cut-off. Remember, the questions are weight based, therefore; if one get a question right, the next may be harder, and vice versa. More questions, the less point(s). I have heard of people passing > 120 questions and as little as 70.

I recommend you read other threads in this sub-forum, including
http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=5135

Dondo

Forum Ride Along
Nremt

Im currently taking the EMT-B course and am schedualed to take the NREMT in mid December, but our instructor has told us that the test ranges from 70 to 250 questions. Like others have said there is no magic cut off point. However, that being said, we were told that a few people even though they passed, were given all 250 questions, just to test out the questions. So dont worry if you got more than 70, you could be a quine (i cant spell) pig for the test. Worry if you didnt get at least 70 questions, cuz that means you bombed it.:sad:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Like all medical testing, usually there are a certain of number of "trial or study" questions that are thrown in there, that are not graded. So again, the number may not reflect towards your score.

R/r 911