Priority One Medical transport

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
does anyone work for this company? are they a good co.? preferrably in the stanislaus/san joaquin area.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi there. I worked Ambulance in Modesto years ago when Priority One was just starting BLS IFT's in the county; but not for them. I've heard good and bad about them. Obvously we were trained to hate them since we were comptators. Some of teh EMT's I know worked for them and had mixed experiences (as is always the case). However, if all they are still doing in Mo-Town is IFT's... it is a great town for it. The number of SNF's in that area combined with the numerous hospitals meant that the transfers crews were almost always busy. As far as 911... I haven't had much experience with Priority 1 from that standpoint, but I hear that the company "president", a paramedic who still takes shifts, is a pretty good guy, if not a little "off", but aren't we all?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We were joking in dispatch today about giving one of our frequent flyer drug seekers the phone number to priority1 dispatch :p

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
you could try that exo, one of our drug seeking frequent flyers was given the number to other companies, and, they refused to transport!!!!