Prior to administering nitroglycerin (NTG) to a patient, what vital signs must you know

chbochur

Forum Probie
So I have this question on a paper I am doing. I wrote "blood pressure" but apearently this is not the only vital sign needed. Also asking me for the parameters.

I have searched all over the web and can't come up with anything. If some of you guys can chime in I'd greatly appreciate it!
Thanks all!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
pedal edema levels. GCS. pupil size. and the ranges of acceptable pupil sizes to give nitro. and and astrological sign, that's critical.

you really need to search harder, or consult your textbook. or ask your instructor. Few people on here will do your homework for you.

Summit

Critical Crazy
pedal edema levels. GCS. pupil size. and the ranges of acceptable pupil sizes to give nitro. and and astrological sign, that's critical.
If Mercury is in retrograde, you can't give nitro to a Libra unless pretibial edema is at least 2+, regardless of BP

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
If you are giving it for chest pain and consider pain a vital sign, I would say pain. Blood pressure and pain level are always on my mind before and after administration on chest pain calls.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
The answer is probably "Blood pressure and Heart Rate", but there's more to it than that, which is why this assignment is a paper and not a short-answer question.

Summit

Critical Crazy
If you are giving it for chest pain and consider pain a vital sign, I would say pain. Blood pressure and pain level are always on my mind before and after administration on chest pain calls.
Generally nursing goal for a nitro drip is: so long as BP is above X, give nitro until chest pain is zero.