Pre Employment Testing

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone have any experience with Midwest Ambulance in Des Moines, IA? I have a pre employment test with them Monday at 09:00. I'm just kinda wondering what thier testing is like.

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
I would imagine that it's going to be a bunch of scenario based questions with maybe a few fill in the blank questions just to see what you really know.
Good luck!

OP
OP
ihalterman

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
Well, I passed all of the tests Midwest had for me today. Durring one of the practicals, I told my partner (Casper) that this guy is Cahrlie, Tango, Delta and the proctor laughed hard enough to spit coffee on my test sheet. After he told me I passed we chatted for a bit and I found out 1. He is the Operations Manager 2. The owner's son. 3. That I wouldn't have to interview with him as our little BS session was enough for him to "green-light" me. He gave me a few pointers on things I could have done better/differently. I will have to do 30-40 hours with an FTO. I'll findout tomorrow for sure, but I think I start Friday. I could have started tomorrow, but I have Medic school.

I will be working PRN on shifts that I pick. Pay isn't great, but I'm a brand new B and only PT.

Last edited by a moderator: