Practical Tommorow

wxduff

Forum Crew Member
I have my EMT-B practical tomorrow, wish me luck!

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Kick its booty!

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Keep us posted on how you make out.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
dont screw up

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
ABCs!!! For the love of God, or Allah, or Buddah, or whoever DO NOT FORGET YOUR ABCs!!

Good luck tomorrow! Be confident in yourself!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Bwaha! Do what some of my classmates had done, the minute you push open the door "SCENE SAFE BSI ALS BACKUP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!" And when asked why you called for ALS so early, we used the excuse ALS can always be cancelled and most every call can benefit from an ALS assesment. :p Worked for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck today. Bsi scene safe. Abcs make contact

OP
OP
wxduff

wxduff

Forum Crew Member
I failed...

I passed Medical Assessment and Trauma Assessment with flying colors, only lost one point.
AED/CPR - only lost 2 points
BVM - I tried to hook up the O2 to the mask instead of the BVM. Every time I practiced I had the O2 hooked up, never paid attention to that.
Spinal - KED - Maximum Points, they felt I moved her around to much when tightening the straps.
Traction Splint - Did everything right except i strapped down the leg, then decided I wanted more traction.

So I failed on three stupid mistakes.

I'm taking the class as a refresher next semester.

rmellish

Forum Captain
I failed...

I passed Medical Assessment and Trauma Assessment with flying colors, only lost one point.
AED/CPR - only lost 2 points
BVM - I tried to hook up the O2 to the mask instead of the BVM. Every time I practiced I had the O2 hooked up, never paid attention to that.
Spinal - KED - Maximum Points, they felt I moved her around to much when tightening the straps.
Traction Splint - Did everything right except i strapped down the leg, then decided I wanted more traction.

So I failed on three stupid mistakes.

I'm taking the class as a refresher next semester.

You can't retake the entire practical before retaking the course? Sorry, it's been awhile since I did the state testing for Basic.

OP
OP
wxduff

wxduff

Forum Crew Member
If I had failed 2 station I would get up to 2 retakes on those stations.

You fail 3, you have to take a refresher.

rmellish

Forum Captain
I see. It sounds like you know whats going on, just missed a few important details. Work those out, and it shouldn't be a problem next time. Best of luck.