Practical Testing

ckrump

Forum Probie
I took my first round of paramedic practical testing Oct in Missouri - drove 8 1/2 hrs the day before. They had practice sessions on Fri, testing on Sat. I did fine during the practice sessions, but let nerves get the best of me on Sat. I am going to be retesting on 1/12 for the 5 stations I failed in MO. Any suggestions for keeping the nerves in tact - other than Valium?

OP
OP
C

ckrump

Forum Probie
Some other people from this area said I should go out and get drunk the night before, then they were so hung over the next day they went into their testing and didn't even think about what they were doing - all they wanted was to get done, go home and cure their hang over.:wacko:

Nocturnatrix

Forum Probie
Is it possible for you to print out the evaluation sheets for the exam??

My professor told my class where to find them on the web and my class mates and i studied them like crazy up until the minute we took the exam. It helps to know what will be on the exam and might calm some of those nerves.....

OP
OP
C

ckrump

Forum Probie
I have the sheets (I am also an EMS Instructor in ND). I can go through the steps during practice (or on a call) and pass with flying colors, but for some reason when that tester is standing there with their clipboard and writing as I'm taking the test, the nerves kick in and I miss critical steps (I forgot to treat for shock during my trauma assessment station on my first testing). Can I ask the tester to not stand in front of me with their clipboard?