POV Colored lights in Virginia

emt for life

Forum Crew Member
What color lights are legal for POV's in the State of Virginia? Thanks and no mean comments please I want a light to let people know im coming so I dont run in the back of them when im responding to a call on a country road

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Based on other posts on the same topic here, I doubt you'll get much in the way of help. This forum, for the most part, is rather "anti lights in your pov".

As I always suggest, for blinky stuff, try www.elightbars.org.

Sent from my iPhone.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Red and amber are the only legal
colors in VA (as an ex VA volley)

If your driving fast enough you might "run into the back of somebody" on a county road you have absolutely no business running lights, and it's pretty darn questionable whether you have any business responding to EMS calls at all.

Anjel

Forum Angel
What do u mean you dont know if I have any business running EMS calls?

he is saying if you run into the back of someone driving. then you have no business in ems.

Anjel

Forum Angel

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
What do u mean you dont know if I have any business running EMS calls?

See the post quoted above....

oh yeah lol not gonna do that. What is the legal colors in Virginia

...and this....

Do u know anywhere that I could find out what Light colors are legal though?

....and that....

Thanks and no mean comments please I want a light to let people know im coming so I dont run in the back of them when im responding to a call on a country road

...and that.

DGreno

Forum Probie
In VA, Red -OR- Red and White. I used to volly when I lived there and that's what we used.
Please take into consideration safety and courtesy for installing POV lights. This is much more important than the "cool factor".

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
E

emt for life

Forum Crew Member
I am going to get a light bar the mini phantom that plugs into the cigeratte lighter port and it just goes on your windshield . Nothing too hard to figure out:p

DGreno

Forum Probie
Mini Phantom is a good light. I have used them before. Check out the flash back shield from Galls. Major improvement in glare reduction when responding at night. Be safe!!