Positivity!!

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
There can be a lot of tension and down days in this industry. So lets look at something positive? What has been your most memorable or best day you have experienced in your EMS career so far, what made you feel good to be doing what you do and realize you wouldn't do anything other than this?

Mark

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Oh, I don't do positivity... ;)

Burritomedic1127

Forum Captain
When grandmas baking cookies with her family and has a syncopal event. Per her orders, everyone is leaving with a bag of cookies before she's loaded into the ambulance.

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

When grandmas baking cookies with her family and has a syncopal event. Per her orders, everyone is leaving with a bag of cookies before she's loaded into the ambulance.

I love warm cookies.. :D

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I used to do 911 but now I'm in transport because that's where the money is. Nothing makes my day better than making these patients who are probably neglected by their nursing staff just smile. It's not much but it feels good when they say you are the best medic and always try to request you

Reactions: Rin

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I used to do 911 but now I'm in transport because that's where the money is. Nothing makes my day better than making these patients who are probably neglected by their nursing staff just smile. It's not much but it feels good when they say you are the best medic and always try to request you
No more HFD fanboy? ;)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yup, all us firefighters are *******s...

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Some FF's are *******s but not very many; just like anything else they stick out the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Saved a families house from a veg fire. They thanked us for a month with awesome homemade baked goods.

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

Saved a families house from a veg fire. They thanked us for a month with awesome homemade baked goods.

Well done I hall knight you "Sir Fibre power" :cool:

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
something-positive_o_388703.jpg

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I laughed harder than I should have at that... Thanks, teedub....

OP
OP
MkVity

MkVity

Coffee all over the keyboard

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Patient had gone status epilepticus while en route to the ED in a private vehicle. Someone went to assist per usual, but quickly saw the need for help and requested the stryker we stow away with jump bags and a backboard. I brought it out and taught a few nurses how to do a vehicle extrication with a backboard. Minds were blown that day.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Patient had gone status epilepticus while en route to the ED in a private vehicle. Someone went to assist per usual, but quickly saw the need for help and requested the stryker we stow away with jump bags and a backboard. I brought it out and taught a few nurses how to do a vehicle extrication with a backboard. Minds were blown that day.

Seizures get a backboard?

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Seizures get a backboard?

When Fire isn't around and I have to muscle a large one, yeah, I am using a backboard to get from A to B. Stretcher couldn't get close enough to make it a one step slide. Was that or awkward heavy lift. No sir.