Polo Shirt Preferences?

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
We're allowed to have polos made for the summer months (all day) and the winter months (after 6 pm). But we don't have a standard for which to get. It's up to us and as long as it has our logo and is midnight blue they really don't care.

Does anyone have any preferences? I've always liked just a regular button up duty shirt, but I got one of the "athletic" polos that is very lightweight and breathable and really liked that for special duty when we were outside all day.

So far, the suggestions I've gotten from other guys who have polos are:
Galls
5.11 (2 or 3 different styles)
True-Spec

Does anyone have any experience in this department? I'm not going to use anywhere near all of my uniform money so price is less of a concern than comfort but any opinions would be appreciated!

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Sorry for the ignorance, but is LA Police Gear a website or a company that sells through a third party? By the way, I love these threads. I'm a serious gear nerd.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
LA police gear is a vendor that sells their own branded stuff. I like their polos.

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
LA police gear sells lots of brands including their own LAPG branded gear. Their polos are about half the price of other "store brands" for some reason

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Right. I should have specified they sell other stuff as well. I like their polos better than 5.11 brand. They hold up well and are very inexpensive.

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Not something you should openly admit if you don't want to be stereotyped as a "Ricky Rescue" ;)

I think I should just apply "nerd" to me in general. It's not that I look to carry a lot of gear, but I do enjoy learning about the so-called "latest and greatest" gear that I just "need to have."

I suppose there are worse things to be.