1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

Podcasts

Discussion in 'BLS Discussion' started by ParkMedic, Dec 2, 2017.

1. ParkMedic

ParkMedic Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Wanting to learn as much as I can, I'm curious to know if listening to podcasts such as FlightBridge, emcrit, etc. would be informative or over my head. Are there any podcasts directed more towards a Basic level, or should I stick with Khan Academy A&P for now?

2. EpiEMS

EpiEMS Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    EMT
    When it's available, I listen to the NAEMSP Prehospital Emergency Care Podcast, I've enjoyed that.
    Also, EM Clerkship is pretty good - it's targeted at medical students doing their EM clerkship, so it has an in-hospital focus.

If you're looking for reviews of EMS knowledge, Albany Med has recordings of their EMS in-services (last updated Nov. 2016), and those aren't bad.

3. VFlutter

VFlutter Flight Nurse

Education:
    EMT
    I like the podcast as well but i am a little biased since one of our medical directors runs it.

EpiEMS likes this.
  4. Summit

Summit Critical Crazy

MountainMed Podcast & Blog by UNM Austere and Mtn Med
    5 PC. If you are up on your wildernes stuff, it won't be new, but if new to mtn med there is good stuff. Some audio quality issues.

Wilderness and Environmental Med Live (Wilderness Medical Society)
    8 PC. Sporadic but some good stuff. They started updating it again this fall about bimonthly

Slide: The Avalanche Podcast
    I'm sue your know about it... if not listen to it. Not really EMS though, but given your avatar pic and name, it is relevant to you.

5. FLMedic311

FLMedic311 Forum Crew Member

Education:
    Critical Care EMT-P
    Love EMRAP, well worth the subscription!

6. NPO

NPO Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    Emergency Medicine Cases, Road to Resus, The Resus Bay, EMCrit Podcast, FlightBridgeED and Second Shift are all in my podcast library.

There used to be one called Pharmacology for the Prehospital provider, by Dr. Jeffrey Guy. It was great...

7. VentMonkey

VentMonkey Crackpot Premium Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    The Retrieval Report seems broad enough topic-wise, but I suppose it really boils down to what you—the viewer—are looking to gain.

ParkMedic likes this.
  8. Remi

Remi Forum Deputy Chief Premium Member

Education:
    Paramedic
    Why not both? Several of the ones mentioned here will certainly discuss things that are above your current level of understanding. That's OK. Just listen to the ones that you find interesting and skip the ones you don't. Look up things that you hear that you don't know much about.

ParkMedic likes this.