Please read: A Christmas Wish For A Dying Boy

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
The only thing on Dawn Norman's wish list this holiday season is that her 6-year old son Nathan lives to see another Christmas, and that his wish of receiving cards, letters and patches from as many policemen, firemen and EMT's is fulfilled. Why? Because policemen, firemen and EMT's happen to be Nathan's heroes.

Three years ago, Nathan, who lives with his family in Rustburg, Virginia, was diagnosed with brain cancer.

"I remember the doctor saying that there was an abnormality," Dawn Norman remembers. "The doctor kept telling me over and over that there was an abnormality and then it hit me. He was telling me that my son had cancer."

http://newmilford-nj.patch.com/arti...-boy?national=patch&ncid=edlinkuspatc00000006

I will be sending one, I hope you do too...

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was going to post this link tomorrow but you beat me to it. I'm gonna be sending one as well.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Gonna do my best to send a few.

Hopefully I can get a small collection from friends.

All cards, letters and patches can be sent to Nathan at:

Nathan Norman, 81 Dunivan Drive, Rustburg, Virginia 24588

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Awesome thanks for sharing I'll definitely send in a patch.

Fyi for those of you who are as suspicious as I am of nearly everything i read these days I checked this story out on snopes.com and it's legit.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/norman.asp

bigbaldguy

Just read the parents blog. My heart goes out to this kid and his family.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Emailed my entire department, Facebook and the local fire forum.

Hopefully can send this poor kid a decent collection.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I just forwarded that link to a Fire/EMS college director.

bigbaldguy

Taking a card into class next week for class to sign with a patch.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
We signed a card at lineup today. Patches will follow. A co-worker actually beat me to the punch - they were told by our police about little man.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
My old department had everyone sign a card and then sent some people down to his house to deliver it.

ypymy3am.jpg

millsanna64

Forum Ride Along
patches for dying boy

hello everyone! i am new to this site! so new it is my first post.
i have read this story on an non ems site just before i signed into here. i will be sending one out first thing in the am!

:D

Joe

Forum Captain
I will see what old department patches i have. 2 ems and a leo job are about all i have. Maybe those amd a pic of the crew with our international mod would do!

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
This morning, members of FDNY EMS and other Brooklyn Based EMS agencies delivered a van load of gifts and cards to Nathan Norman, a young boy diagnosed with cancer. The Virginia boy's wish to receive Christmas Cards and job related items from first responders has prompted an international response. Pictured is FDNY EMT Bill Marchese from Brooklyn's Station 40.
487046_301213669989738_1526081560_n.jpg

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We'll be sending an EMTLife patch as well. :D

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
We'll be sending an EMTLife patch as well. :D

Wait there is a emtlife patch?

Just mailed him a patch from my old department...whats the address of his blog bbg?

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
At one of my depts we had our Christmas party last night. We got alot of Christmas cards for everyone to sign for him and we sent him some patches and a shirt that we all signed and one that we didnt. Our local pd was there also and they are sending him some pd stuff and making him an honarary member! Makes me feel great to be part of this brotherhood!!

elmrm1889

Forum Ride Along
Dying Wish

My whole crew at West Coast Ambulance will be sending him a Christmas card tomorrow!

Stay Strong Little Buddy!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Was browsing around some local sites and found this. 90 cruisers from various Massachusetts PDs drove down to Virginia and met some other agencies there where they presented him patches and all other manner of memorabilia and gifts. Good stuff.