please help me with my personal kit

Brett1342

Forum Ride Along
Hello I am a 16 YO I have always been interested in medicine recently I have doing this like getting certified as a life guard and in BLS and in oxygen admin and advanced first aid the list goes on anyway I used to have this kit thT was a cheap little trauma kit and I never restocked it or anything and now I need to completely restock it and I don't know what kind of stuff I should put in it can you guys help me figure out what to stock it with thanks so much

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Gloves. Cell phone. A little bit of gauze. Kit complete

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Gloves, gauze.

CPR and hemmorage control is all I am likely to do off duty.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Gloves. Cell phone. A little bit of gauze. Kit complete

And if you want to get fancy, you could add a few index cards and a pen so that you can be a hero when you have name/DOB/PMH/medications/allergies info to hand to the EMS crew when they arrive!

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
And if you want to get fancy, you could add a few index cards and a pen so that you can be a hero when you have name/DOB/PMH/medications/allergies info to hand to the EMS crew when they arrive!
Unless I knew the off duty person personally (and then maybe still) I wouldn't put much weight into that information, and I'd collect my own information.

OP
OP
B

Brett1342

Forum Ride Along
Thanks you guys I forgot to mention but I also need components for wilderness and sports medicine I go climbing almost daily and I bring people we go out far away on long trips and I usually designated as the medical role

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks you guys I forgot to mention but I also need components for wilderness and sports medicine I go climbing almost daily and I bring people we go out far away on long trips and I usually designated as the medical role
SamSplint, sat phone or geolocating emergency alert device, environmental exposure treatments (bite/sting applicators, cortisone, benadryl, etc)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
SamSplint, sat phone or geolocating emergency alert device, environmental exposure treatments (bite/sting applicators, cortisone, benadryl, etc)

With the exception of the SamSplint, you can get a wilderness backpacking/hunting medical kit (they're small and lightweight) at most any hunting or backpacking store such as BassPro Shops or REI. A sat phone is a good idea, but they can get pricey. A geolocating alert device you can also find at any hunting or backpacking store and they're generally WAY cheaper than a sat phone and work just as well.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Gloves, gauze, maybe a little pocket mask for CPR? I've come across 2 things this year, none of which I could do anything for or didn't really even need to.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Gloves, gauze, maybe a little pocket mask for CPR? I've come across 2 things this year, none of which I could do anything for or didn't really even need to.
Newest AHA pushes for hands only cpr for lay rescuers. You can skip the pocket mask unless you live near large bodies of water with a ton of swimmers

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Newest AHA pushes for hands only cpr for lay rescuers. You can skip the pocket mask unless you live near large bodies of water with a ton of swimmers
Mouth to mouth ventilations on a drowning victim sounds like my personal hell. I've worked enough drownings to know what those airways look like after a couple ventilations and chest compressions... [emoji52]

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Mouth to mouth ventilations on a drowning victim sounds like my personal hell. I've worked enough drownings to know what those airways look like after a couple ventilations and chest compressions... [emoji52]
Shhhh... Let them learn the hard way like we did.