Pissed!!!

phideux

Forum Captain
I was scheduled to take my Paramedic CBT this morning, I show up early, as usual. The lady at the testing center informs me that there was some sort of update with the Pearson Vue software that shut down the whole system. So I can't test today and have to reschedule. I call pearson vue, Whose call center is in a country, not here, where you can barely decipher what anyone is saying. The only thing they say is a supervisor will call me back, maybe today, but if I don't hear from them in a few days to call them back. It seems that every time you schedule a test the earliest date it will let you pick is always 2 weeks away, so I know this will be the case when I try to reschedule. Meanwhile the job posting I am supposed to apply for, an almost guaranteed position, closes in 14 days, and I need my numbers to apply. Once this posting goes away it won't re-open for a minimum of a year. I'm screwed, thanks Pearson Vue.
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Rant Over, Bring on the Jackie D, lots of it.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously....relax. Not a big deal. If this makes you blow a gasket, wait until you encounter real problems. This is just a minor annoyance. Try to have a good rest of your day though....

JPINFV

Gadfly
Meanwhile the job posting I am supposed to apply for, an almost guaranteed position

Why is it an almost guaranteed position?

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
you wont have your numbers in two weeks even if you did take it today. NREMT is taking about a month right now. this is coming from 4 different friends, 2 just got their numbers posted online, 2 just got their cards. time frame to expect is 3-5 weeks. sorry but sometimes your sure bets arent so sure. just take it in stride...

OP
OP
P

phideux

Forum Captain
you wont have your numbers in two weeks even if you did take it today. NREMT is taking about a month right now. this is coming from 4 different friends, 2 just got their numbers posted online, 2 just got their cards. time frame to expect is 3-5 weeks. sorry but sometimes your sure bets arent so sure. just take it in stride...

I got into my test today, 80 questions, Passed. I don't know about it taking a month to get your numbers. Mine were posted this afternoon.
When I took my Basic and Intermediate, same thing, if you finish your test before noon, your numbers post on the website the same day. I don't know why it took your friends a month for theirs to post.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Getting the result!=getting your card

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
So, "Dog", was it worth all that?

hugh-laurie-acting-in-character.jpg

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
getting your "numbers" means getting your "P number" which you will not get same day. you may get your results, but results mean nothing in the gob market. I hope you do get your P-number in time to get your job though, I wish you the best of luck. mine took 3 weeks to be assigned though.

OP
OP
P

phideux

Forum Captain
getting your "numbers" means getting your "P number" which you will not get same day. you may get your results, but results mean nothing in the gob market. I hope you do get your P-number in time to get your job though, I wish you the best of luck. mine took 3 weeks to be assigned though.

The "P Number" is on the NREMT website. Mine is there right now. That is what I needed to get my state card. I'm leaving to get my prints done for the background check in about 15 minutes. I should have my state card the beginning of next week.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
The "P Number" is on the NREMT website. Mine is there right now. That is what I needed to get my state card. I'm leaving to get my prints done for the background check in about 15 minutes. I should have my state card the beginning of next week.

Agreed. Don't know how the rules work in Cali but here in South Carolina you always get "P-number" same day or next day. Good luck with IBT. They were 2 weeks out getting results back. Where you going to work? You can PM me if you don't want to make it public. I may be able to help.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I actually agree with the OP. he took time off from work, scheduled the test, and with no notice or fault of his, was not permitted to test. he needs this to get the job, i'm guessing it's the only thing he needs is his NREMTP and he has everything else, so, again, he did everything right.

also, assuming that he has to wait 2 weeks to find the next open appointment to schedule the test, it delays it, and it gives him a disadvantage against all the others who already have their NREMTP numbers and cards.

it's one thing if he screwed up, if he was late, or if he did something to cause the test to be cancelled. this is just bad luck, and unfortunately due to no fault of the OP's, it can cost him the job during this round of hiring. hopefully the supervisor can help you out

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
I was scheduled to take my Paramedic CBT this morning, I show up early, as usual. The lady at the testing center informs me that there was some sort of update with the Pearson Vue software that shut down the whole system. So I can't test today and have to reschedule. I call pearson vue, Whose call center is in a country, not here, where you can barely decipher what anyone is saying. The only thing they say is a supervisor will call me back, maybe today, but if I don't hear from them in a few days to call them back. It seems that every time you schedule a test the earliest date it will let you pick is always 2 weeks away, so I know this will be the case when I try to reschedule. Meanwhile the job posting I am supposed to apply for, an almost guaranteed position, closes in 14 days, and I need my numbers to apply. Once this posting goes away it won't re-open for a minimum of a year. I'm screwed, thanks Pearson Vue.
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Rant Over, Bring on the Jackie D, lots of it.

call centers in india..don't you luv em'?