pic from the air

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
so last week when I was working my aviation shift, we were called for a police officer that was struck by a car while directing traffic. witnesses on scene stated + LOC for approx 30 seconds. we were in the area looking for a lost girl at the beach about 2 min away, so when we were called to fly the pt out, we were there before any ambulances were there and the first responder is seen driving up. Thankfully the police officer is fine, just a little banged up. only one pic of the scene from the air. Don't really know why I'm posting it, I guess because I'm bored and I haven't posted in months.

hold on, my computer crashed, let me reload the pic
aviation031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
well I suck at adding pics, but whatever, it's there. I'm flying again tomorrow night, so maybe I'll get more pics.
Here is a shot of our helicopter after a pin job
DSC06650.jpg

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Is the first pic in front of the Hamlet in our district?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Great pictures. If you have more I'd like to see them.

It's good to see you posting again! Don't be a stranger.

bumpus

Forum Probie
MMiz said:
Great pictures. If you have more I'd like to see them.

It's good to see you posting again! Don't be a stranger.

I agree. Great pics! I'd also love to see some more like that.

ETA: This is my first post? Guess I've done too much lurking and reading:) I must find what I need with the search button, and have no real questions yet! :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome back, Medic03... we've missed you... you do need to put that old avatar back up.. that was cool.

Bumpus: Welcome... feel free to start a new topic about yourself in EMS Lounge... tell us about yourself.

OP
OP
M

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
rescuecpt said:
Is the first pic in front of the Hamlet in our district?

It was right in front of Forest Labs, Daly Rd and Commack Rd

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
medic03 said:
so last week when I was working my aviation shift, we were called for a police officer that was struck by a car while directing traffic. witnesses on scene stated + LOC for approx 30 seconds. we were in the area looking for a lost girl at the beach about 2 min away, so when we were called to fly the pt out, we were there before any ambulances were there and the first responder is seen driving up. Thankfully the police officer is fine, just a little banged up. only one pic of the scene from the air. Don't really know why I'm posting it, I guess because I'm bored and I haven't posted in months.

hold on, my computer crashed, let me reload the pic
aviation031.jpg

EWWWW An A-star!!!!

Watch out for those powerlines (LOL)

Welcome back..........

OP
OP
M

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Flight-LP said:
EWWWW An A-star!!!!

Watch out for those powerlines (LOL)

Welcome back..........

Yeah, we run out of 2 A-stars and 2 MD 902. they just purchased a EC145 and that should be up in the mix in October.

P.S I hate the A stars. No room at all to do anything for your pt.

rescuecpt

medic03 said:
It was right in front of Forest Labs, Daly Rd and Commack Rd

Thought so. I haven't ridden a shift in so long I'm having a hard time identifying my own district. ;) I should be back mid-August though.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
medic03 said:
Yeah, we run out of 2 A-stars and 2 MD 902. they just purchased a EC145 and that should be up in the mix in October.

P.S I hate the A stars. No room at all to do anything for your pt.
What is an A-star?

I assume it is a helcopter design...

And the MD 902's are nice... I like the lack of a tail rotor.

rescuecpt

MedicStudentJon said:
What is an A-star?

I assume it is a helcopter design...

They're submarines.

Just kidding, yes, they are helicopters.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
An A-star is an AS350-B1, also known as the flying sperm!

MD - Explorers / 902's are pretty, but they are high maintenence and costly to operate.

Too much hype about the EC-145's. They are nothing more than a glorified BK with an 8 million dollar price tag. Considering the maintenence and cost of a 135, I can't wait to see what the operating costs are for the 145.........

I'll take a Bell any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ditto. Medi Flight uses the EC 130 (they have 3 new ones) and has nothing but praise. I personally think it is still little small and the configuration is still lacking. Personally, I like the BK if I had my choices, Bell would be close ....
Air Methods is OU's contractor and is pushing the EC (can I smell kick-back?) and is taking them all over the air shows..
R/r 91

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Out here, LifeNet has an EC-135 up, and PennStar - operated by CJ systems is supposed to be putting up their 5th bird as an EC-135 (fleet is 2 BK117's and 2 Agusta A109's).

The EC 145 looks neat... Looks alot like a new BK-117.

R/r - are they using an EC-130 or an EC-135? I wouldn't think the EuroCopter EC-130 would be suitable for Medical Flights... it only appears to have 1 engine.

Eh... who cares... you could still be flying in a BO-105!

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
MedicStudentJon said:
Out here, LifeNet has an EC-135 up, and PennStar - operated by CJ systems is supposed to be putting up their 5th bird as an EC-135 (fleet is 2 BK117's and 2 Agusta A109's).

R/r - are they using an EC-130 or an EC-135? I wouldn't think the EuroCopter EC-130 would be suitable for Medical Flights... it only appears to have 1 engine.

Uh Jon,
The Bell 206, 407, A-Star, and EC-130 all only have one engine. And the BO-105 was not a bad platform in its day, its just hard tog et parts for these days. Again, I'd rather be in a single engine Bell. Proven, efficient, cost effective to operate...........

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
MedicStudentJon said:

Uh Jon,
The Bell 206, 407, A-Star, and EC-130 all only have one engine. And the BO-105 was not a bad platform in its day, its just hard tog et parts for these days. Again, I'd rather be in a single engine Bell. Proven, efficient, cost effective to operate...........

OP
OP
M

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
The a- stars are single engine and the MD's are twin. The number of engins oesn't mean anything to me on how I do my job, I'm in the back with the pt's, the pilot's up front getting us from point A to point B in one piece.

*Flight-LP, funny you should say the 145 is a glorified BK. Before I worked there, they had a few BK's. I think that's why they are going with the EC 145's now.