Physical Agility Tests

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Hey all!! I apologize for any misspelled words, I am on my cell phone.

I went to a local paid/vollie fire squad today that has a medic unit and placed an app. I intend to run the medic unit and fire calls when on shift, if accepted.

They mentioned PAT test which has never been a big deal for me. I work out regularly and am confident. I don't think it's going to be a too complicated. Here is the list of the PAT.

75 ft arial 75 degrees in coat helmet gloves and air pack is not timed.

Pike pole pulley simulation 35lbs 10 times.
14 ft roof ladder simulation Thru a hall way.
Raise and lower 24ft extension ladder hand over hand.
Connect 3 2.5 non charged hose & drag 50 ft one direction and 25ft back another direction.
Drag 150 ft charged 1.75 10 ft non flowing.
Dummy drag 35ft forward & 35 ft back...

In 6 minutes.

Where does this rank on your scale of PATs? Are yours similar to this? I asked the guys if I will be able to practice and they said sure. A friend of mine that is a Chief at another department started his career at this squad. He created this test and said it's all mental. Another medic that belonged to this dept said that less than half the people that try out... Fail. That got my hopes down..

I want this.
I'm not going to give up and I'm going to practice every chance I get.

All feedback is appreciates.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
How tall are you, and how heavy is the dummy? Are you wearing the air pack the whole time?

It looks like a rip-off of the official CAPT. It didn't look too bad initially, but a 6 minute time limit means you will have to hustle.

OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I am 5'9". The dummy is 150.

OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Just wearing an air pack on the arial climb, which isn't timed.

atropine

Forum Captain
WoW, thats it, that is cake, what kind of physical standards do you have out there?, not much I guess, sounds like you will be fine, just remeber cardio, cardio, and last but not least cardio.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Ok, that isn't too bad. The key with the dummy is getting as much of it off the ground as possible. For someone who is 5'6'' (ok, fine 5'5 1/2'') this can be hard no matter how strong, but at 5'9'' it should be easier for you. If you outweigh the dummy that also helps.

When you say you work out regularly what kind of working out are you doing?

OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
My workout routine is on my days off except weekends. I work B shift. So generally 3 times a week I do cardio (treadmill and bike) for warm up and then begin with crunches and other ab routines. I lift weights and a few other bicep machines.. Honestly most of my workout focuses on my stomach and arms..

On the days that I work I run/walk the fire training tower which is 5 stories.