Personality assessment

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I am curious if any agencies require a personality assessment prior to employment or prior to a promotion.
Maybe a DISC or Myers Briggs? What’s your experience with this?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We don’t require one prior to employment however during our initial training CRM/AMRM classes we took one of the personality tests and then had some discussions about it.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We don’t require one prior to employment however during our initial training CRM/AMRM classes we took one of the personality tests and then had some discussions about it.

what kind of discussion? Was it about relationships with others or how you like to be coached or lead?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
what kind of discussion? Was it about relationships with others or how you like to be coached or lead?
Mainly what each group of people needs in order to be happy and satisfied, and also what communication style works the best for each one.

The 13 people total at my base have shared the results on where they were placed on the assessment test with everyone. We have slowly started to adjust how we communicate as a group and assign tasks outside of normal transports to the best person or people.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Had to take the MBTI when applying for a job as a 911 dispatcher, and another when going thru background check for an armed security position but that was it. Seems like most agencies don't see a favorable cost-benefit analysis to them. Both the ones I took were for government jobs.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My department does a pysch interview for each candidate that gets an offer. Included in this is the California Personality Index. To my knowledge, the department does nothing with the results of this test but they do get the report. The psych profile to me mostly felt like a polygraph, the "personal history questionnaire" was essentially an eight page list regarding illicit behaviors and then the doctor went through each one and asked if your answer was true. I guess the doc uses this part, the CPI, and some sort of intellectual ability test. I am not sure what the report looks like that the department received.