Peeling Skin

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Over the weekend I went on vacation, which involved the beach and ski-doos. Life was great, until I came in and was burned... I mean really burned.

Now the skin on my face, all the skin, is peeling off. Anyone know what I can do to move things along faster or help? My face is blotches of white on top of really tanned skin. Stupid stupid me. No pain, but it looks really funny :wacko:

Any suggestions?

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Get a loofah and some of that Dove soap with the funky beads in it. No, I'm not kidding. I had a nasty burn on my shoulders and I scrubbed with the soap and the loofah.

I smelled like a girl for a few days but hey, the peeling stuff was gone! And I had much softer skin. heh.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Michigan doesn't have beaches. They have shores. LOL

That happened to be last summer. I was burnt to a crisp and my face was peeling like I had some horrible disease. The funny thing was that I still had to teach my CPR/First Aid classes like that.

"This is what is called a first degree burn folks. Don't forget to reapply the sunscreen every hour." LOL

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Oh, and my girlfriend also informed me that the Dove soap I was using on my peeling area contained aloe. Aloe is great for that kind of stuff!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
fm_emt said:
Oh, and my girlfriend also informed me that the Dove soap I was using on my peeling area contained aloe. Aloe is great for that kind of stuff!

If only I had a loofah and dove soap sitting around... then life would be okay. Instead I took a shower and scrubbed on my face with the towel. It got a lot of skin off, but I still look like a freak. :unsure:

gradygirl

TROUBLE
A good scrubbing with a washcloth always does the trick. Just don't rub too hard and use a mild soap.

Putting on lotion is also helpful. Two other great things are aloe gel and vitamin E oil (worked wonders on second degree burns I had on the tips of my ears). Just keep your skin as hydrated as possible until it's done healing.

Also, sunscreen and hats will be your best friends until your skin heals.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
If you sit in some warm steam or apply a hot washcloth to your face for a while before you scrub with the dry washcloth it'll help you get more off.