Patient Steals Ambulance (with the medics still in the back)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Ends-in-Crash-Near-Downtown-LA-279733912.html
LAFD was treating a guy who AMA'd and before the medics cleared the scene, supposedly still cleaning up in the back, he came back, charged the medics who locked themselves in the back but the suspect was still able to gain access to the cab and started to take off. The medics were able to hop out at that point, and the engine company that was on the call actually started to follow the stolen rig until LAPD took over! Unfortunately the chase ended when the suspect crashed the ambulance into another vehicle, but fortunately there were "only" minor injuries and the suspect was taken into police custody.

Don't suppose I can really blame the Battalion Chief for commenting on how one of his first thoughts was "Of course this has to happen on my shift.."

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
The only thing I question about this is the decision to peruse the ambulance in the engine. Its unclear, but I believe the medics jumped out before the chase began.

I see no reason to use a fire engine as a persuit vehicle if the medics are out. I can understand the will to chase if your buddies are still in the back, but I still think it's irresponsible.

I would however try to follow it. But I don't think I'd go code 3. But I'm hiding behind a screen and keyboard taking after the fact.

TacomaGirl

Forum Probie
Some people's children. SMH

That's one hella narrative I'd love to read though lol