Part Time EMT jobs in San Fernando Valley, CA

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone, I am currently attending UCLAs Full Time May Paramedic Program. Before UCLA, I was working at McCormick Ambulance full time at a 24 hour station. I would have gone part time at McCormick, but they did not have Saturday/Sunday slots that I wanted.

Now that I am in school, I have no means of income, and thought odd jobs could get me by (Uber, emt standby's, etc.) Are there any decent ambulance companies or other EMT jobs in the San Fernando Valley offering part time positions? I am also looking at hospitals since I have my phlebotomy license, 12 lead EKG, and ACLS Cert. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello everyone, I am currently attending UCLAs Full Time May Paramedic Program. Before UCLA, I was working at McCormick Ambulance full time at a 24 hour station. I would have gone part time at McCormick, but they did not have Saturday/Sunday slots that I wanted.

Now that I am in school, I have no means of income, and thought odd jobs could get me by (Uber, emt standby's, etc.) Are there any decent ambulance companies or other EMT jobs in the San Fernando Valley offering part time positions? I am also looking at hospitals since I have my phlebotomy license, 12 lead EKG, and ACLS Cert. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!
PRN maybe? lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheComebacKid

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
PRN maybe? lol

I actually worked at PRN before leaving for McCormick Ambulance. I don't have any fond memories of being there, especially after PT-1 took control of them. I did consider it, but I'm hoping other PRN employees can chime in and offer advice of how they are. (Everytime I saw PRN in a ER and asked how things were, they never had anything good to say about the company)

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually worked at PRN before leaving for McCormick Ambulance. I don't have any fond memories of being there, especially after PT-1 took control of them. I did consider it, but I'm hoping other PRN employees can chime in and offer advice of how they are. (Everytime I saw PRN in a ER and asked how things were, they never had anything good to say about the company)
Such a shame Bowers is gone. Legit part time status. Check out medics on the ball?

JohnnyB101

Forum Probie
Honestly PRN isn't that bad . I only worked there so I can't really compare it though. Still employed and only been there 7 months at the end of this month . It's what you make it and some people just love to *****. Work ALS or CCT and you will be fine . I can understand why BLS can get old but ALS and CCT is where it's at .

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Hunt down a ER tech job or find a registry that'll farm you out to multiple hospitals. You'll make more money and can make your own schedule. I think it is a better option than going back to the dialysis grind.

DailyGrind

Forum Ride Along
Yeah, ER Tech is hands down the better option, I work as a tech in the San Fernando Valley and my schedule is flexible and pay is great. My hospital started me at $31 not including my shift differential of $3. Only hospital that I know is close to that pay range is I believe Kaiser, which is harder to get in to. Just look for jobs on the hospitals website.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
$31/hr?! What sweet gig do you land? I know a guy that went from Kaiser tech to RN and wasn't making that much.

OP
OP
TheComebacKid

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, ER Tech is hands down the better option, I work as a tech in the San Fernando Valley and my schedule is flexible and pay is great. My hospital started me at $31 not including my shift differential of $3. Only hospital that I know is close to that pay range is I believe Kaiser, which is harder to get in to. Just look for jobs on the hospitals website.

What hospital is this? Or at least, what part of the valley?

linda simeone

Forum Ride Along
You might try going the event route. I heard AMR out of North Hollywood on Saticoy Ave. is currently hiring FIRST AID EMTs to work sports events, little league, soccer games, etc. Call the Hollywood Bowl, they use to have a first aid team up there, not sure which ambulance company now runs it, also try local venues like: AUTRY MUSEUM, HOLLYWOOD FOREVER CEMETARY, L.A. MEMORIAL COLISEUM, DODGER STADIUM, most of these venues have on site FIRST AID responders for all of their events. Most work on weekends. Go to the EMS 1.com web site. good luck.

OP
OP
TheComebacKid

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Already worked there, I left on good terms and can go back if I want to, but no thank you.

You might try going the event route. I heard AMR out of North Hollywood on Saticoy Ave. is currently hiring FIRST AID EMTs to work sports events, little league, soccer games, etc. Call the Hollywood Bowl, they use to have a first aid team up there, not sure which ambulance company now runs it, also try local venues like: AUTRY MUSEUM, HOLLYWOOD FOREVER CEMETARY, L.A. MEMORIAL COLISEUM, DODGER STADIUM, most of these venues have on site FIRST AID responders for all of their events. Most work on weekends. Go to the EMS 1.com web site. good luck.

I actually applied for AMRs CES team but I missed the deadline.