Paramedics Plus hiring 2016

Finding911

Forum Probie
Hey everyone. I know there is a thread about paramedics plus but I couldn't find anything about 2016 so I made a new one. I am an emt going on about 3 years and recently passed the paramedics plus alco written exam. I'm wondering if anyone have heard anything about whether or not they are still hiring for this year (2016) and when their last emt academy will be for this year. Writing in this forum because I have not heard back from them about an interview yet (even though it's only been over a week). Any insight would be great!

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
If you are referring to Alameda County (CA), I read on a bathroom wall somewhere that there is a medic-only academy coming up in late Nov but nothing currently scheduled for EMTs. I'd expect to see one in early 2017 (Feb/Mar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
Oh. Yea I am referring to alameda county. Are they just doing interviews now for the 2017 emt academy or is there any chance they will put one last emt academy before this year ends?

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I read on the back of a napkin somewhere that they have been running academies non-stop all year and are just now nearly at capacity for EMTs.

Some random guy on the street told me they have 16 EMTs in FTO right now; the only way they have EMTs by years-end would be if they decided to include a couple in the medic academy... I don't see that happening, though.

I would say enjoy your Thanksgiving and Christmas then revisit the topic in January. I know a guy who knows a guy that dated a gal that worked there; if I hear anything different, I'll try to update this. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
Oh Ok. Yea I saw something like that too on the paramedics plus newsletter but doing a prehire ride along, a couple of the employees hinted that their was going to be a last emt academy or something before the year ends but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Hope that the company changes their mind and has a end of the year emt academy.. Prays.

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
So far, looks like interviews/skills/oral is january/february or so. A lot of people applied. Interesting.

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
Hello everyone. Me again. Anyone heard of anything from paramedics plus? Anyone know when they sending out results?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hello everyone. Me again. Anyone heard of anything from paramedics plus? Anyone know when they sending out results?
DE's right. Sometimes doing your own homework yields more accurate, and rewarding results. Funny how that workso_O.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Ahh I see. I've tried emailing him but no response. hmm
Well in that case, good luck:). If you still haven't "found 911", our company is almost always hiring.

My only advice is wherever you go, 911 is hardly worth its weight in comparison to the EMT and paramedic textbooks.

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
true. Thanks. Just waiting on the process. I heard they take a while to email. Probably because they are backed up. What company do you work for?

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
Ahh. Hall. I've actually applied there but do not know why they send out an email to me saying "there are other applicants that meet our qualifications". o_Oo

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Because there are? Lol. Shoot me a PM if you want.

OP
OP
F

Finding911

Forum Probie
hello everyone So i just got an email. I didn't get hired which is a bummer.. Now needa wait 6 months again before i can reapply. Felt great throughout the whole process.. Wondering what I did wrong. Seems like I have bad luck getting hired by 911.