Paramedic working in Orlando, Florida

LoadingCosta

Forum Crew Member
Whats up everyone,

I'm a current licensed paramedic in the state of Georgia looking to leave Georgia to work somewhere else and get a new change in my life. I've always enjoyed Florida but I do understand the state is on the expensive side compared to Georgia. One of the reason why I am looking to move to Florida is because I am currently in the process of bridging to my RN from my paramedic and the state of Florida has 7 programs all within driving distance of Orlando, Florida. My issue with the move is the cost of living in Orlando. I'm currently working as a firefighter/paramedic here and honestly do not want to do firefighting in Florida and I do not want to work on an emergency ambulance anymore if I can avoid to do so. I really would like to obtain an ER tech job as a paramedic in the hospital if I can but I do not know how much they normally pay or if the pay would be enough to live off of. I was hoping to post this thread to get some advice and ideas from medics who currently live in Orlando, Florida or have lived and worked in the area before. Thank you to anyone. Any information is extremely helpful!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Plenty of hospital medic/tech jobs. Supply is high, therefore wages are low. Expect anywhere from $14-18/hour. They have plenty of candidates. Outside of the hospital, there are plenty of Urgent Care clinics which pay better in general and then there are specialty care places as well (Sleep study centers, mens health centers, IV infusion centers)...all needing medics.

Indeed.com is your friend for much of this.

OP
OP
L

LoadingCosta

Forum Crew Member
Plenty of hospital medic/tech jobs. Supply is high, therefore wages are low. Expect anywhere from $14-18/hour. They have plenty of candidates. Outside of the hospital, there are plenty of Urgent Care clinics which pay better in general and then there are specialty care places as well (Sleep study centers, mens health centers, IV infusion centers)...all needing medics.

Indeed.com is your friend for much of this.

Hey akflightmedic,

I appreciate the advice sir. With an hourly salary between $14-$18, that would be really hard to live off of with the prices of Florida apartments. I'll look into those areas you recommended. Really all i'm looking for is a salary between 42,000-50,000. However I am a brand new medic. Been doing this for 4 months now. However I have been an EMT for over 4 years. I just don't think they will count my EMT years as experience and on top of that me being a newer medic I doubt ill get the salary i'm looking for.