Paramedic Program Interview

ashleyv93

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone!
The other day I passed the written exam to get into my local paramedic program, and I now have an interview with the Medical Director and members of the paramedic faculty on Saturday. After passing the test I was given a "tips sheet" for the interview. One of the last tips is to come prepared with any questions I may have to ask the interview panel at the end. I'm at a little bit of a loss for this tip. I have done a lot of research on the program its self so I know about the course schedule, how everything is broken down, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for questions that I should ask that I'm not thinking of?? Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do they set up internship for you or do you have to set it up yourself? Program pass rate vs NREMT pass rate.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
It's unusual not to have any questions about such a big step. Let me ask you a few: What are your expectations about that program -- e.g., what do you think it will do for you, how will it help you get there? How do you see it fitting in with the rest of your life? On a scale of 1-10, where 1 was the difficulty of getting certified or licensed as an EMT, what number represents the difficulty of medic school you expect? Other than looking at the course schedule and the number of hours required for each topic, what other kinds of information did you find about the program, and from what sources?

I know this sounds off topic, but it might help generate some questions for you to ask.