Paramedic Profession

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
This question has been in my head ever since the paramedic program started for me. Class has been going well I've been on top of things. Just one minor thing that keeps kicking in my head. Is it going to be easy getting a job as a paramedic? I know it probably varies from different places. I'm in CA so I was wondering if anybody in CA can answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
It's easy to get a job just not easy to get a good paying job. And even harder to get a 911 job. The market is saturated with Paramedics.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Do you want to be a FF?

Willing to relocate?

AMR?

OP
OP
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Do you want to be a FF?

Willing to relocate?

AMR?

Relocate? I'd go out of the county if i have to.
AMR? Yes, if possible
FF? I got into this profession not because of FF and notice majority of people are going for FF who gets into this field. My end goal is CC-P or Flight.

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Over here its pretty easy. But I am basing that off of a part-time position. I already have one at the local ambulance service. As a paramedic I would run all 911 calls. Why is it so hard in other areas to get 911? Do medics just run transfers in other areas?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Over here its pretty easy. But I am basing that off of a part-time position. I already have one at the local ambulance service. As a paramedic I would run all 911 calls. Why is it so hard in other areas to get 911? Do medics just run transfers in other areas?

No it's just in a lot of areas fire has the market cornered for emergency response. That said I wouldn't mind running IFT again. You see some very sick patients that way.